Job Title: Acupuncturist
Education Requirement: Master’s degree of Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, or related area of study.
Experience Requirement: None.
Special Requirement: License to practice Acupuncture in the State of California & Bi-lingual in Korean and English.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Site: San Jose, California, USA
- Interview clients, mostly Korean, by gathering medical history, general health, and lifestyle information to formulate a treatment plan.
- Identify contraindications and precautions in clients related to the treatments such as intradermal needles, moxibution, electricity, guasha, and bleeding.
- Perform treatment by inserting needles incorrect acupuncture point locations.
- Provide quality treatment to cure or relieve the medical condition causing the client's complaint.
- Use various techniques such as herbal medicine, acupressure, moxibustion, shiatsu, tuina, exercise, and heat or cold therapy.
- Formulate herbal preparations to treat conditions considering herbal properties that are especially more suitable for Korean clients with respect to their taste and effectiveness.
- Use various materials such as heat pads, hydrocollator packs, warm compresses, cold compresses, heat lamps, and vapor coolant shots.
- Diagnose clients by performing various assessments and prescribe a treatment if needed.
- Evaluate the wellness of the treatment plan and alter if necessary.
- Documents all treatments and client's response to therapy.
- Perform various administrative work such as claims, health insurance, organizing client’s files, and scheduling appointments, especially for Korean clients.
Please send resume to:
Chris Shin Chiropractic, Inc. (DBA: East-West Chiropractic & Acupuncture Clinic)
Attn: Chris Shin / President
100 O’Connor Drive, Suite 31
San Jose, CA 95128